Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you do autism testing?
- Do you do ADHD testing?
- How do I know if my child has autism?
- Do you do testing for learning disorders?
- What children’s services do you offer?
- How do you help kids with ADHD, or Autism or Anxiety?
- I keep hearing about social skills groups. What are they?
- What testing do you do?
Do you do autism testing?
Yes! We do the full range of autism testing for children as young as 1 year old through adults. We use the latest assessment/testing instruments (such as the ADOS-2) to determine autism. This helps your child to possibly qualify for services that may be provided through the schools and by insurance companies.
Do you do ADHD testing?
Yes! We do American Psychological Association recommended testing for ADHD, including cognitive testing to look at focus, concentration and attention span. We also offer parent and teacher assessments and computerized testing for ADHD for children ages 4 through 18. Testing is also offered for adults, but that is handled through the main Counseling Center.
How do I know if my child has autism?
We offer a screening for autism and that determines whether actual autism testing is needed. Early signs of autism can include no words by age 2, no phrase speech by age 3, no eye contact, unusual behaviors such as flapping arms or hands, self-harming behaviors like head banging, and extreme reactions or “meltdowns” to noises, foods, changes in routine.
Do you do testing for learning disorders?
Yes! We provide testing for children ages 4 through 18 to compare their cognitive ability to their learning ability and style. Testing is also available for adults through our main Counseling Center.
We offer a number of things but the titles get wordy. There are 3 main types of services:
1.Psychological and developmental testing,
2.Individual, family and parenting sessions, and
3. Social skills groups that cover topics such as managing stress/overcoming anxiety, learning to focus, promoting self confidence, behavior management, developing friendships/dealing with bullies, improving communication skills, and our preschool group for children who have developmental delays or autism spectrum.
4. Parenting groups to help you learn to manage stress and anxiety while helping your children be their best. Topics may include: Parenting the Strong-Willed Child, Learning to Manage Stress, Parenting with Love, Understanding ADHD & Autism, etc.
How do you help kids with ADHD, or Autism or Anxiety?
We have a heart for children and provide thorough screening and testing services, support for the family, parenting consultation, social skills groups, individual and family counseling and therapies. Please call us to schedule an appointment at 706-649-6507 ext. 1361.
Our social skills groups are offered year round. Groups are created for preschool through middle school children and take place for 6 weeks at a time on weekday afternoons. Each session covers a different topic, including: managing stress/overcoming anxiety (CALMS group), learning to focus (FOCUS group), promoting self confidence, behavior management, developing friendships/dealing with bullies, improving communication skills, and our preschool group for children who have developmental delays or autism spectrum. Please see our Social Skills page or Upcoming Events to see when the next group begins.
What testing do you do?
We are proud to offer our community a wide range of testing including developmental testing, ADHD testing, Autism screenings and full testing, learning disorder testing, testing for giftedness, testing for emotional and behavior issues such as for anxiety, depression, trauma, etc. If you are not sure what is going on with your child, please call our office at 706-649-6507 ext. 1361 for an initial appointment. Then we can screen your child to see what testing and/or services would be recommended.